- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Healthy Mom=Healthy Baby
There are a variety of benefits to chiropractic care before and after conception. For those wanting to better their chances of having a strong, healthy baby, Dr. Baker can help:
- Promote a more regular menstrual cycle and optimal uterine function
- Strengthen and balance the body throughout the carriage cycle
- Restore proper nerve supply to reproductive organs after birth
- Help couples promote conception
- And much more!
Chiropractics for a Healthy Pregnancy
Your little bundle of joy places a pretty heavy burden on your body. Dr. Liz can help relieve the pressure on your body caused by pregnancy and show you how to strengthen those areas. All of this helps promote a healthier pregnancy, along with an easier labor and delivery. Most importantly, chiropractic care during pregnancy can increase the likelihood that your baby will start a clean transition into a healthy life.
Why should I consider visiting a chiropractor during my pregnancy?
The further on you are the harder your body has to work to accommodate your pregnancy. A rounder belly and a bigger bust can often lead to discomfort in the lower & upper back, as well as the neck. In addition, as the due date approaches, your body secretes hormone a that loosens your ligaments, possibly exaggerating any already existing spinal or pelvis problems.
Easier Pregnancy & Faster Recovery
Research shows chiropractic care can play a role in an easier pregnancy, including increased comfort during the third trimester and delivery, while reducing need for analgesics. Other studies have shown:
- Women receiving chiropractic care throughout their first pregnancy experienced a 24% reduction in labor times
- Those giving birth for the second time reported 39% reduction in shorter labor times
- The need for analgesics was reduced by 50% in the patients who received adjustments
- 84% of women report relief of back pain during pregnancy when under chiropractic care
If you would like additional information on chiropractics before, during, and after pregnancy, visit the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association or give us a call—615-309-8279. We are happy to answer any of your questions.
It's never too early to start your child on the path to a healthy lifestyle. Schedule your appointment today!